Thursday, July 25, 2013

Would you please remind me?

So it is a new update without there being months in between!  Huzzah!

So, I met some friends tonight and we saw Despicable Me 2.  I liked the movie, but I do not believe it was better than the first.  It played a little too much to the zaniness of the minions (which were the best part of the movie).  They make them act so weird and this time it seems to get a reaction instead of how they just are.  However, the "I swear" moment was so incredibly funny.  I think I would have liked it better with my princess there.  It had a sweet and cute love story and if I could have held her hand and gushed I might have appreciated it more.

I got to talk to her today.  Not actually talk to her, but exchange messages.  But it was rather rapid which is what made it different.  Normally its me leaving her a long message that she responds to three or four days later when she finds the time to check.  It was nice.  Just to know for a brief few minutes we were trying at the same time.  Co-existing in some way together.

I know many people don't read this, and for the most part that's ok, it's for me most of all.  But I feel like asking some questions of a rhetorical nature.  Ever notice how the things you get so nostalgic for never seem to live up to the idea you have of them?  I was cruising around on Spotify and I got a craving to listen to Everclear.  I pulled up my favorite album and it just seemed....off.  I mean those songs got me through such a tough time in high school and yet now they seem, changed.  Better to leave the past as such in your mind, I guess there's a lesson to be learned in that.

It's hard to say goodbye though.  Especially if you never got to say goodbye really.  Not just to people, but to times as well.  It seems like I blinked and suddenly I have responsibilities and adult problems that young me just laughed at.  I think college jaded me to the fact that my life is not a movie.  In school, if I was down, inevitably someone would walk up and tell me they were looking for me and I would slowly open up and talk about my problems.  But now, I could have the worst day ever, sitting on the ramp of my loading dock at the school, and no one ever shows up.  It's just...loneliness.  Being alone.

I hate being alone.

I heard this song on pandora and it seemed very fitting for what I was feeling at the time.  What I've been feeling for weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment