Saturday, June 18, 2011

A dream, a void, and some bits of paper

So I have been counting down days to when I get to leave my job.  I even made scraps of paper with numbers on them and tacked them to my wall.  When the day is done, I pull one off.  19 days and counting now.  Feels good.

Things have been hard here.  Mostly because I've been feeling so lonely lately.  I just spend a lot of time by myself.  This is due to the fact that where I live is so uncomfortable and work is single shift.

I have been playing a lot of video games.  Fable 3 is a blast to play, although I had to start over.  A friend of mine came over while I was playing, grabbed my controller, and in a single moment enslaved a quarter of my populace and ruined my game.  It was funny, and this time through I'm kicking much more ass, so I'm not too mad.

So, my girlfriend's mom hates me.  She has given my girlfriend several reasons why, but it always seems to change.  I don't know why, I wish I did.  It had been tearing me up inside just trying to figure it out.  I'm not a bad catch.  Yes, I am a bit older than her, but it is not as big a difference between her mother and her father.  I do not drink, or do drugs, I graduated college early, I am a certified teacher in two fields, I treat her like a princess.  I love her more than life, you'd think that would be enough.  But it does hurt how her mom is trying so hard to keep her away from me.  She has made her break promises to me, and will not let her come to visit me.  I respect her love for her mother, and I do not wish to make her feel bad.  I do not feel any ill will towards her parents, it just hurts me.

I had a dream last night that she finally told her mother it was upsetting us.  It went like this:
"Mom, i know you do not approve of us for whatever reason you have.  But this is who I care about deeply and the way you act about it is hurting us.  It is straining both my relationship with him and with you.  The way you talk about him hurts me.  I just want you to support me in my decisions.  He makes me happy and he treats me better than anyone has before.  If that isn't enough for you, that's fine, but I ask you to please respect my wanting to be with him.  I don't like how much we is hurting because of this.  You don't have to be happy about it, just respect it."

I know that is kind of cliche and after-school-specially, but sometimes my dreams just reflect my subconscious.  I am just happy to be with her, and I am willing to suffer anything for her.  This is just weighing on me heavily with everything else that is going on right now.

I might have a lead on a job.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.

This is a great song from The Thermals, my favorite band.  It is sad and makes me feel very pensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment