Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The beginning of the end

So I have decided to join the ranks of those who blog.

Have you ever looked up at the moon and wondered if anyone was looking at it too?  Maybe I have too much time on my hands but earlier I was standing outside watching the moon and just wondering how many people were looking up at it as well.  Loneliness will drive us to think crazy things sometimes....

Ive been thinking about death a lot lately.  More specifically, my own.  But i feel very desensitized towards it lately.  I was watching Skins, a wonderful British show, and one of the characters father died.  And me?  I laughed.  It didn't bother me one bit.  It isn't death that scares me, but recidivism.  The idea of going back to what I was, what I've been.

As for those of you who will read this, mostly my friends that have blogs, I'm sure you are wondering what the title of my blog means.  Nikolai Gogol was a Russian author that wrote one of my favorite stories, Diary of a Madman.  Seeing as how this is going to be an outlet for my insane rantings, I figured the reference was appropriate.

I guess that's all for now.  Here's what I'm feeling right now:

1 comment:

  1. :( wish I could say something to help. you're not alone though.

    ReplyDelete