Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Struggles

So, this has been a very strange week.

I feel like I'm finally starting to move forward through this very immense pain that I've been stuck in.  It still hurts like no ones business, but I don't feel paralyzed anymore.  I know that from this I can learn a lot about myself and try to utilize it in the future.  I wish I didn't have to go through this terrible experience to understand myself a bit better, but then again we never truly go through anything the way we wish we did.

I have something I'd like to get off my chest.  I struggle with depression.

To most, this is a sad statement.  To me, I love the word struggle.  It means I'm fighting it.   It means I refuse to let it control me.  Yes, some days it hits harder than others.  However, I will not bow to it.  A lot of people want me to seek help, medicine and that kind of thing.  I don't believe in it.  I refuse there's some magic fix, some simple problem.  I will face this one day at a time.  I am a warrior, I will fight it until it is gone.  I just hope I have people in my life to support me along the way.

So, from every loss in your life comes new opportunity.  I've noticed this from talking to people close to me this week.

I am strong.  I am alive.  Someone will accept me for who I am, not who they want me to be.


1 comment: