Saturday, February 19, 2011

The things we long for, everything but me

What makes us want what we want?  Are we programmed to like things from birth, or do we develop these needs from life experience?  Time and time again, I find myself longing for what I had, and driving myself crazy over what I want.  JUst like the Stones said, You cant always get what you want.  But do we get what we need?  I don't know.  It doesnt feel like it sometimes.  But really, what do I need?

What do I want?

Someone to talk to.  People to turn to when I fall.  Something to be proud of.  I've never been proud of myself.  I've always relied on others to validate me for myself.  I do everything in my life for others.  I pushed myself as a student to make my friends and loved ones proud.  I pushed myself as an actor to make my mentor and fellow students proud.  I pushed myself as a director to make my actors and someone proud.  I fought so hard as a teacher to make my students and my advisor proud.  But why cannot I do it for me?

But is that wrong?  Thats who I am.  I live for others.  My heart lives to make others happy.  Thats how I find my happiness.  Why can't the world accept me for what I am?  I carrying every pain I've ever felt with me at all times.  I can feel the weight crushing down on me.  I am a sad person, but that doesn't mean I dont feel love and happiness.  If I am cut, I do bleed.  I use that pain, i use it to drive me forward to be there for others.  That is what I have chosen.  Can't anybody love me for that?  For being selfless?

Maybe that means i dont deserve love....

Maybe I dont deserve anything i want or need....

Maybe...Maybe not...

No comments:

Post a Comment